Welcome to 2012!
Time for Reflection. Time to reflect on your Reflexes and Reactions and transform them to Responses.
Continuing our daily Contemplation series –shared below are the questions for today:
Welcome to the world of Contemplation ! J
45. How does the habit of writing help? What are the benefits?
46. How often do I laugh?
47. Do I need to laugh? What are the benefits of laughing?
48. What happens when I laugh? What are the aftereffects? How does my day go when I laugh?
49. What are the reasons of my happiness? What makes me happy? List them down.
50. What situations cause me misery? List them down.
51. Do I want to continue to be miserable?
52. Can I learn the alchemy of transforming, sadness to happiness when these kind of situations occur in this year?
53. What extra bit should I do or learn in order to avoid misery causing from repetitive situations?
54. Am I able to forgive my close ones for the mistakes they do?
55. Am I able to forgive strangers for the mistakes they do?
Stay tuned for more…
Contemplation means to pick up a single thought or point or idea or area and to brainstorm and understand it from all angles. Going deep into one particular area is Contemplation.
For e.g. I might take up a pen and start contemplating on it:
– What is pen used for?
– Who invented pens?
– Why was it invented?
– How many colors of pens are available?
– What kind of pens are available?
– …and so on..
How do I benefit from this exercise?
– This is series activity. Questions will be mailed every day.
– Shared above, in the mail are a set of 11 questions for contemplation.
– Shoot them into your mind, one by one, and contemplate on each one till all the conditioned answers of the mind get exhausted. Instead of understanding the answers just with mind /intellect, experience the answer/s in its whole totality. Don’t label it as good/bad/right/wrong etc ..the answers would just be answers and they would be your own answers .. which would take you to the next quantum level.
– If you keep doing what you have been doing .. you would get what you have been getting .. so dear seeker .. seek seek ..seek the final goal of this hide ?&? seek game ..that which is Life.
– Answers that come to you need not be shared to others but you can write them down for yourself. This exercise is for you.
– Once the list is over, you can contemplate further and/or write down your overall understanding.
– Do let us know your experiences and feedback at any point of time.
Questions shared earlier:
1. Did I make any goals/resolutions for the last year?
2. Did I achieve my last year’s goals/resolutions? How many?
3. Why was I able to achieve my goals?
4. If I did not achieve any of the goals, why? What was lacking?
5. What did I learn in the last year? List down your learning’s.
6. What are my goals for upcoming year?
7. Am I really ready and interested to achieve my new goals?
8. How much time should I dedicate everyday in order to achieve them?
9. Am I ready to devote a fixed time sincerely for my goals of upcoming year?
10. What kind of reminders do I need to avoid forgetting about my goals?
11. Am I ready to grow?
12. Have I got rid of my negative qualities and habits?
13. Do I need to get rid of them? Why? and Why not?
14. Do I admire anybody?
15. For what reasons do I admire them?
16. What motivates me to work?
17. Can I improvise the quality of the work that I do?
18. What motivates me to live? Why do I wake up every morning? What is the driving force for me to live?
19. Has my health improved or deteriorated, compared to last year?
20. What are my fears? List them down.
21. Do I want to overcome them? Why?
22. Can I overcome them?
23. How do I overcome my fears?
24. What are my strengths? List them down.
25. Can I improvise them? How?
26. Can I transform my fears to my strengths?
27. What are my skills? List them down.
28. Have I learned any new skills in the last year? List them down.
29. What skills do I want to learn in the next year? List them down.
30. Do I pay respect to myself?
31. Do I respect my family and relatives?
32. Do I respect and help strangers?
33. Can I donate something that I have and I don’t use, to somebody who needs it?
34. Can I help somebody and be a source of happiness for that person?
35. Can I help the environment in a small way, in my own way?
36. Can I save water, food and other resources in the upcoming year?
37. Can I drive less and walk more?
38. Do I love plants and trees?
39. Do I love my family?
40. Am I following my duties to my society/community – city –country and the world?
41. How many books did I read last year?
42. Can I read more books in the coming year? How many?
43. Do I write down my contemplation, good points, or anything I like?
44. Can I inculcate the habit of writing?