Here is a toast to the overwhelming life and health of all of us. Let us jot down and analyze a few direct and accurate ways to live happy and healthy. Let’s gulp it down slowly and together. Let’s begin with the basics:
You are not just the body that you see and know. You have 4 different bodies. This is an experienced and accounted fact. Lets find out more about them.
1. Lower/Gross Body
a. Physical Body (Sthool Sharir)
b. Etheric/Pranic Body (Prana Sharir)
2. Upper/ Subtle Body
a. Mental Body (Mansik Sharir or Mann)
b. Intellectual Body (Vivek Sharir or Vivek)
Bodies – Four of them: You live your life according to the lower or gross body, because a major part of it, i.e. Physical body is the one you can feel, touch and live with, everyday. You do not account for the rest of the bodies, since you have no knowledge about them. All the bodies are connected to each just like the layers of an onion. They work together, affect each other and respond to each other.
It is like a person wearting four different layers of clothes: vest, shirt, jacket and blazer. Just like that the bodies are connected to each other in the hierarchy. Food that you eat and drink is the food and nutrition for the physical body. It is then digested, refined and converted to other subtler elements, which in turn act as food for the second body and so on. Let us find out about more basic things.
Disease – a boon: After the bodies, let us know how and where a disease begins and what it symbolizes. Disease is a boon. It is an indicator. Disease begins at the level of the Upper/Subtle Body and then effects are percolated down to the Physical body. You only notice and feel the after effects. Disease has already started long ago and on a subtle plane. Once you see the symptoms, you start treating the symptoms. Disease is here to indicate you towards the health. It tells you, hey man, ‘time to go back home.’ Burps, pain, fever, cold are all symptoms different ailments. They are milestones for you to know about the destination. To remind how far you are, from home.
How can you treat a tree by treating its branches? Can you help a tree by loving and nourishing only the leaves of the tree? You need to get down to the roots. That’s where life begins. Roots are the very foundation. Roots are the meeting point of the tree to the existence. It is the bridge.
Health – Default Nature: Another thing to understand is that, health is our very nature. Disease is just an indicator that some part of the health is lost and it has to be regained, hence the indicator. If you are health, which is the natural state, there is no indicator, no pain. It is just not required that time. Sense of the body is forgotten. Body is forgotten. This is a sign of health. Health is not something to be achieved, it is already the case. The point is to remove the blocks from the stream. The river will start flowing again. It was always flowing. You cannot create river by removing the rocks. Similarly, you cannot invent health by drinking medicines and herbs.
Let us take into consideration a few things which encompass the arena of health from a wider perspective.
Note: Links are provided wherever appropriate for seekers who would really like to delve into the area and try to act on it.
1. Prayer – Prayer is the wonder Mantra. You are what you think and you will get whatever you pray for. Prayer is miraculous.
2. Self Talk – Just as Matter shapes your outer and physical world, thoughts shape your inner world. Inner is the seed. Positive self talk could lead to miraculous benefits. What you speak through your mouth and is heard by you and others is Talk. What you talk to yourself, inside, through thoughts, is Self-Talk. 90% of the talk that happens is Self-Talk. Thoughts are no different that Matter. Thoughts are the seed of Nature. Everything begins with Thoughts. Happy Thoughts lead to a Happy World. Few punches of sample self talk statements: “I am free, I am healthy.” “I am God’s property, no evil can touch me – SirShree”. (the Power of Self talk).
3. Self Inquiry – Who Am I? This is the only question worth asking. This is what we should start at. This is what we don’t know yet. Let’s begin now. You have become what you were told to be. You are not a Hindu, or a Mohammedan, or a Christian, for that matter. Those are feedings and programmings. Let us begin with the original heart of inquiry. Not intellectually, But to really know and find out and participate. Who am I should become you life and bones and blood. Starting from ground zero. Rejecting all existing knowledge and conditionings and beginning from a clean state. The state of ignorance.
4. Healing – Healing is to prevent the very roots from decay and decomposition. Healing is not curing the symptoms. Healing is to grow new flowers and to let go of the rusted ones. Healing comes in various flavors. Self- Healing, Reiki and many more. Remember, disease is an indicator, Health is the nature. Disease starts at subtle body level. Healing should be done at that level and not at the physical level. This does not mean that you should not exercise for the physical body or stop taking medicines prescribed by the doctor. That is fine for the diseases already existing. Begin fresh at the subtle level and everything will fall into place. Food for thought: If you want to bring a substantial change in a Corporate, would you talk to individual workers or to the senior management? (Link for white light video – http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8721872631602147934#)
5. Meditation – Witnessing is the key. Meditation is Meditation is going beyond the mind. A journey from Mind to No-Mind. Vigyan Bhairav Tantra (sutras provided by Shiva to Devi Parvati) has 112 meditation techniques. There are thousands more depending on the time and situations. Learn meditation. Anything can be turned into the Meditation, once you know the key. Find yourself.
It is only a game of beliefs, Understanding is the whole thing ~SirShree.
All my teachings can be summarized to just one word – Watching ~Osho.
Sitting silently, the spring comes and the grass grows by itself ~Basho
This very place the lotus paradise, this very body the Buddha ~Hakuin